OverviewThe primary responsibility of the County Recorder is to create a complete, accurate and permanent record of every document pertaining to the conveyance and encumbrance of land within the county. These permanent land records are retained in archival form and made constantly accessible to the public.
****Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 The Lucas County Recorder’s office will be closed to the public. The office will continue to e-file during this time. We will be adding all document types to the e-file schedule. We strongly encourage the electronic recording or mailing of all documents. Please call or check the website for recording fees.
All copy orders will be completed using the new copy order form here. These copies will be charged at $0.05 per page for microfiche and $2.00 per page for copies from books. Fax request will also be accepted 419-213-4284.
Operating hours during this time will be 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. The cut off time for E-recording will remain the same.
If you have any question please call 419-213-4400 or Email Recorder@co.lucas.oh.us****
- Our office is closed for the remainder of 2/25/2021. We are experiencing some technical issues and will re-open 2/26/2021 at 8:00 A.M.
- Effective October 17, 2019, statewide recording fees for most documents will increase by $6.00 due to the enactment of HB 166 state budget legislation. The new recording fee for the first two pages will be $34.00 (previously $28.00). Each additional page remains the same as current law at $8.00. Half of all recording fees collected are required to be submitted to the state to the credit of the Ohio Housing Trust Fund.
- Please be on the lookout for solicitations from Documents Retrieval Service Companies offering to help Lucas County residents acquire a certified copy of their deed for $49.50 to $87.00. Copies of all land records can be purchased from our office for a much smaller fee, often as little as $2.00.
- Effective Friday, February 1, 2019 office hours will be Monday- Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. The cut off time for E-recording will remain at 4:00 P.M.
Electronic FilingLucas County documents may now be recorded from the convenience of your office or home. To learn more about E-Recording in Lucas County you may contact our office directly, or, any of the partnering companies listed below.
• Financing Statements - Real Estate
• Land Contracts
• Powers of Attorney
• All Others: Ohio Revised Code