The Lucas County Auditor is the watchdog of County funds. As the County’s Chief Financial Officer, it is the Auditor’s responsibility to:
• Account for millions of dollars received by the County each year;
• Issue payments for all County obligations, including the distribution of tax dollars to the townships, villages, cities, school districts, libraries, and other County agencies;
• Administer and distribute tax and license revenues including real estate taxes, personal property taxes, motor vehicle license fees, gasoline taxes, estate taxes, manufactured home taxes, local government funds, and other state subsidies.
• Administer the County payroll; and
• Produce the County’s annual financial report.